DEX: Your AR Dog Companion – Available on Google Play for the Android and the Apple Store.
Casual, AR Enthusiasts, and Pet Owners.
Dex: Your AR Dog Companion is an augmented reality pet simulation game based around Dex the Labrador! Dex isn’t just our studio’s hyper realistic company mascot, he is a real furry friend whose training we’re actively supporting at organizations like The Guide Dog Foundation, America’s Vet Dogs, and The Wounded Warrior Project.
Taking advantage of Unreal Engine’s augmented reality tech, Dex will show up right at the comfort of your living room! Perfect for anyone wants a canine companion without the troubles of allergies or pesky apartment restrictions.
Release Feature List
- Train Dex and have him level up to reliably perform simple command such as “sit” and silly tricks like “peek-a-boo”.
- Dex is a virtual pet and by extension has virtual needs. Be responsible and make sure Dex gets enough food and play time! A bit of advice: a happy dog is also an obedient dog!
- Build a collection of toys each with unique interactions for Dex!
- Take out Dex for walks in the park using follow and stop commands.
- Have Dex sniff out treasure to get more coins!
- Change Dex’s name to personalize them as your own.
With enough success, here are some of the ideas that we have in mind to expand Dex: Your AR Dog Companion. Add some ideas of your own to the comment section on what you would like to see from an app like this!
- Dog Accessories: outfit Dex with different collars, outfits, or socks?
- Dog House: give Dex a personally customized home with a comfy bed to lay on!
- Progressive Training: watch Dex get better as he learns new tricks.
- Authentic Training System: be able to train Dex using authentic dog training techniques.
- Dog Play Dates: Arrange play dates for you and your friend’s virtual dog!
SCRAPER: First Strike – Episode One in VR 2018
Scraper® is a virtual-reality shooter game with roleplaying game and exploration elements. Created by Jim Ivon, founder of Labrodex Studios, Scraper® uses Unreal Engine 4 and the Oculus Rift to deliver gamers into the year 2076, where they must battle renegade robots in high-rise skyscraper complexes. In an article for 80 Level, Ivon said, “VR was a perfect fit for the title since scale is a major factor in the story. VR gives that incredible feeling of realism when looking at tall structures, machines or even a boss or two!”
New Austin was more than a refuge from the wastelands of a world ravaged by wars, disasters, and disease. It was the perfect city, a Scraper megacity, with residential complexes that housed millions, food-production towers that extended above the clouds, and robots that served to fulfill every need. But after the world’s most advanced AI witnessed an act human aggression that endangered every life on Earth, he decided to take care of humanity . . . permanently.
SCRAPER in VR, a sci-tech shooter with RPG and exploration elements, will take the player on a journey through a new IP with fully developed characters, story arcs, and a world filled with unique and exciting environments.
In SCRAPER: First Strike, the player takes on the role of Casey Maxwell, a Modified Hover Pod pilot, and a member of the Human Resistance Force (HRF). Your mission is to help the HRF take back Reactor Building 3, restore power to the secret military base, and drive back the Humech robots that have seized New Austin. You’ll explore the world with full locomotion controls, and will be able to modify your weapons, engineer new parts for your POD, and barter for consumables that will help you on your journey. If you have what it takes to carry out dangerous missions, and infiltrate highly secure levels, sign up now with the HRF and help defeat the Humechs!
Casey Maxwell, the player.
Commander Winston: Senior HRF (Human Resistance Force) officer. Your boss!
Lieutenant Harvey: Your best friend in the HRF
Tech Sergeant Meryl: The tech wizard of the group who helps you assemble weapons, parts and upgrades for your POD.
Cifer or LCF-R: Leader of the Humechs, main bad guy in the game.
AV-8: Working with the HRF and Cifer. Who is he loyal to?
Ark-Nid: Final spider boss for Episode I at the bottom of the Reactor Building.
Legionites, Militia Bots, Assault Drones, Guardians and Protectors are some of the bots you’ll be fighting along the way.
Game Mechanics & System
SCRAPER will launch with the beginning phases of a robust RPG experience. In later episodes these features will be continually enhanced.
Enemies, containers, and bosses will drop loot of all sorts that allow players to build and upgrade their weapons and vehicles. With a robust trading system, the player will be able to buy consumables, upgrade parts, and acquire missing schematic ingredients to customize their journey according to their playstyle. Explorers will be rewarded with additional loot drops and rare items.
Players can build equipment, and upgrades for their Modified Hover Pod and weapons from the scraps and materials found during their missions.
- Schematics: A dream POD isn’t realized overnight. Players will need to dedicate time to finding schematics and parts during their journey. Only then will they be able to construct their perfect POD with the Engineering System.
Players can experiment with different combinations of abilities and weapons to find the best offensive capabilities that match their playstyle. With customizable loadouts, the player can take their favorite weapons into battle.
- Weapons: At launch, SCRAPER is planning to provide numerous weapons for Episode I. These include Blasters, a Plasma Mini-Gun, Grenade Launcher, Missile Launcher, Flame Thrower and a Cryo Rifle.
- Abilities: By use of the utility slots on PODs, players will be able enhance their gameplay and crowd-control abilities with abilities like boost, stealth and an Electro Magnetic Pulse to disrupt surrounding enemies. Upcoming episodes will introduce more diverse abilities.
- Modification: Modification chips can be attached to utility items, weapons, and equipment to enhance a specific trait, allowing for deep customization and solutions for troublesome situations
Codex System: Players will find reports, archive entries, and participate in events that their POD will record to help contextualize the game’s story.
Interactive VR Experience: Players will be able to touch and interact with certain parts of the world. From controlling your POD and weapons to interacting with non-player characters (NPCs) via terminals and audio, communications, you’ll feel fully immersed in SCRAPER VR.
Mission System: In SCRAPER VR, players will tackle a variety of action-packed missions. In their effort to defeat Humech enemies, players can expect to collect materials, activate terminals, defend stations, repair machines, and escort key NPCs to numerous locations in the Scraper megacity.